Should You See A Specialist?

shutterstock_164983097Just as your general practitioner refers you to other doctors, your dentist can refer you to a specialist if you’re experiencing a problem – such as, gum disease. Often times, patients who are experiencing infection around their gum tissue, Dr. Stubbs will refer them to a periodontist – someone who specializes in gum disease (diagnosis, treatments, etc.). In these cases, Dr. Eslami, an acclaimed periodontist in Milwaukee, knows how to take care of Dr. Stubbs’s patients. Should you see a specialist? Depending on the issues you are experiencing and their severity – Dr. Stubbs may refer you to a periodontist.

How Do You Treat Gum Disease?

When you visit Dr. Eslami, he will be able to determine what kind of treatment would work best to combat the infection spreading around your gum tissue and teeth. He has the latest technology and is able to fight periodontitis in more ways than you could even imagine. The following are just some of the unique ways Dr. Eslami treats gum disease:

  • Guided Tissue Regeneration
  • Bone/Tissue Grafting
  • Ridge Preservation/Augmentation
  • LANAP® Laser Treatment
  • Laser Gum Surgery

When Should You See A Specialist?

Similarly to when you visit your general practitioner, it’s up to their discretion (usually) to refer you elsewhere if they feel you need more specialized attention. If you’re having problems with your teeth, gum tissue, or mouth in general – your first visit should be your dentist. It’s difficult to make the decision on your own to see a specialist because often times we’re unable to see the entirety of our own mouths. Meaning, there could be further damage in areas around our mouth that we are unable to see.

It’s important to have a professional look at any suspected infections, injuries, decay, or damage to ensure that the issue doesn’t get any worse.